A Drift of Quills - August 2016

I swear the earth tilts back and forth (hence, our seasonal changes) faster and faster all of the time! Can you believe it is August already? Well, with its debut comes the monthly post for we Quills. It is a particularly exciting time for us, as we've just added a new member, Parker Broaddus, who publishes under the author name, P.S. Broaddus.

In celebration of Parker's joining us, we decided we would interview him.

So, Parker, here's your first question(s): What are your earliest memories of reading as a child? Did you visit a library regularly? A bookmobile? How did that impact your life as a reader and/or writer?

I recall reading quite a bit as a kid. One of my earliest favorites was Call it Courage, by Armstrong Sperry. I loved it! I drifted toward adventure stores and we had a whole shelf of G.A. Henty's historical novels that I enjoyed.

Read more here.

Robin Lythgoe, author of As the Crow Flies, has another question for Parker. Go ahead, Robin!

When we had Parker as a guess on the Quills a few months ago, Patricia and I liked his style and his wonderful sense of humor so much that we . . .

Read more here.