A Drift of Quills - April 2016

It is already April 2016! We Quills are welcoming it in with our comments on "Books We Love."

So, I'll go ahead and get started, then share Robin Lythgoe's comments with you.

I'm going with an Indie read this time. Truth to tell, one must wade through some things to find gems, whether they are traditional- or Indie-published. But for those who enjoy fantasy for the young, I can recommend, A Hero's Curse, by P.S. Broaddus.

What intrigued me when I read the blurb for A Hero's Curse, was that the main protagonist is a young--blind--girl. Since so much of our world is what we see, and since in our writing, we authors must disclose that world to our readers, I was intrigued with the concept of using a blind heroine. P.S. Broaddus did not fail to deliver.

Read my full review here.

Next up is Robin Lythgoe, author of As the Crow Flies.

So, what say you, Robin?

At the beginning of the year, I joined the Goodreads' Reading Challenge. I started out with a bang, burning through 14 books in a little over two months. Last month? Not so much, though I've started several. In order for my "read" to be counted for the challenge, I actually have to finish it, and there have been some books that I've set aside. (Gently, because I love my Kindle--Otherwise, I'd have thrown them across the room in frustration.)

Much to my delight, I stumbled across Kate Danley's The Woodcutter. What a wonderful, unique twist on fairytales!

Read more here.